Friday, November 23, 2007

November Baby!!!!

Matt and I were having a nice relaxing Thanksgiving break, knowing we had over three weeks to prepare for baby, all the way up until my weekly OB appointment on Tuesday. The doctor did some of the usual tests and an ultrasound and looked up and said, "Let's go ahead and have you deliver on Monday." What, like a week from Monday? Two weeks from Monday? "No, this Monday, November 26th." Oh. Okay. WHAT!!!!!??????? I AM NOT READY!!!!! Anyway, it turns out the baby didn't progress as expected since the previous office visit due to some kind of difficulty transferring nutrients from mother to baby. I am not sure of the details, but the doctor said the baby would be better off in our world. I started panicking a little, but my incredibly sensitive husband helped me to calm down and come to grips with the situation. I felt like I had so much to do, and not enough time to do it. Cleaning, shopping, thinking, and getting ready emotionally were a few things that I really wanted to do over the supposed three week preparation time. It was an even bigger surprise on our Friday hospital visit to find my blood pressure was 140/89 consistently over several readings. My normal has been 105/70. So, a little pre-eclampsia to add to the stress levels. To our surprise, I was admitted to the hospital and here I sit, waiting to be induced, being monitored by very kind nurses quite frequently. As long as nothing changes, my induction process starts tomorrow with a baby arrival date of Sunday, November 25. Crazy. We will soon be three.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Tana! I am praying for you. You will do great, I know it, and please PLEASE!!!!! If you need anything at all you know you are so loved by everyone here in Kirksville, and we are all more than willing to help out in any way possible. Don't hesitate to call, or accept help that is offered. I love you and am so excited for you! You are going to be a terrific Momma!

Unknown said...

Tana and Matt-- Good luck to you both!! We can only imagine how anxious/nervous/excited you must be, but we know that everything will go great! We're thinking of you and the baby and can't wait to hear the news of his arrival! It's crazy that it's already time....your pregnancy flew! (you probably disagree!)
You'll do great, Tana-- plus you've got an awesome husband to hold your hand through the whole thing!
Love you guys!(and will love baby too!)
Brett and Sarah

The Gowdy Family said...

I'm thinking about you Tana! I know things will go well, and I can't wait to meet your little one! Call me if you need ANYTHING or have questions or need any kind of help. I would love to do anything I can for you. Enjoy this special time meeting your baby!

Melissa Moss said...

Good Luck Tana! Very exciting! Everything will go great!

The Wilkins' said...

I have been thinking about you the past couple of days! We are so excited for you guys! Everything will be okay, I'm sure. Like I've said all along, please let me know what I can do to help! Can't wait to meet the little guy! Love you!

Dixon's said...

Tana and Matt we are so excited for the both of you. YOu will be great parents. He is a very blessed to be able to come to earth and have parents like you. We will keep you in our prayers.

Melissa said...

Good luck!!!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

WHAT??!?!!?!?!? TANA!!! YOU ARE A MOM!!!
Welcome to the cluB! It is the most incredibel thing in the world!!! CONGRATS!!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker