Well it's been a little over a month now since we found out Matt had cancer. To be honest it feels like it never happened. He's back at work and is doing really well. Before we found out he could barely function. He was so tired and he hardly had any energy to do anything other than work and sleep. It was really hard on me and the kids. We missed him. When we found out he had cancer and it all made sense. After having surgery we started to see the real Matt again. Even though he was still trying to heal from the surgery he was back to the man I knew before. He would come home from a long days work and play with the kids. He would help out with the house and stay up with me after the kids went to bed.. I LOVED it! I was so thankful that everything worked out the way that it did. That the cancer hadn't spread, that he got his energy back and that he was able to be the dad we needed him to be.
I know it might seem odd for me to say this but I really am grateful that we went through this trial. It has brought us closer to the Lord and helped us lean on him for help. It has brought us closer together as a couple. There is no need to argue over the every day little things or be upset that he isn't around as much as other husbands are. Just the fact that he is here with me still is more than enough to be grateful for. That our husbands are a part of our lives is such a miracle in and of itself. Dwelling on the little things that bother us is not worth it. I have a grater appreciation for Matt and all of his hard work and I'm so grateful that he is still with us. It has brought me back to what is most important in this life and that is family and the gospel. I was also able to see the Lords hand in so many ways. He prompted friends, family and members in our ward to call us and see how we were doing even though they had no idea what we just went though. Our bishop, for example, came and got me out of my primary class the Sunday right after we found out because he felt there was something going on. He had no idea about the cancer, but knew we needed help. It was a huge testimony builder to me to know that my Savior knows me and knows what I am going through. He knows my heartaches and hears my prayers. Even though it was hard it made me realize that we can get through any trial that comes our way. As long as we stay strong in the Church and stay close as a family, we can get through it.
Thank you everyone for your prayers. We felt them every day!








No comments:
Post a Comment