Today Matt had his check up appointment with the urologist. He reassured us that the pathology results showed no regional spread of the cancer and that the cancer was, indeed, a seminoma (best kind). He recommended getting radiation treatment, from the diaphragm down, to "sterilize" the abdominal and pelvic lymph nodes to prevent the cancer from coming back. He said that it would likely be just one course of treatment (one course is daily radiation for two weeks). The length of treatment, however, would be determined by a radiation oncologist. Matt also had blood drawn for testing and had a CT scan of his abdomen and pelvis to check for any visual sign of regional spread of the cancer. We are still waiting on the results from the scan. He had to drink a liter of contrast and also was given contrast through his veins. He said it tasted like chalk, but otherwise could be much worse. So, for now, Matt will continue to heal and wait for a radiation schedule. He'll be back to work soon.
As for the rest of us we are enjoying our daddy being home. Matt is able to play a little more with the kids and I'm just loving having him around.
There are still a lot of big decisions that need to be made that will shape the rest of our lives. We need all the help that we can get so please keep our little family in your prayers.
Thanks again everyone for the love and support








8 comments:
Wow Tana, Best of luck! Will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.
p.s. Saw your mom at church when I was in Utah, I said hi, I don't think she had any idea who I was. LOL
That's a relief to hear. We are thinking of you!
So glad most of the results are in now and you guys can begin to move forward! We are constantly praying for a speedy recovery for Matt and strength for all of you! I so wish we lived closer so we could see/help you throughout all of this. So much love to you! Hang in there!
We will keep praying for more and more good news to be coming your way.
Sending you TONS of loves and prayers!!!!! Tyler and I are thinking of you both and your sweet family!
Oh Tana,I can't believe all of this. I am definitely thinking of and praying for your family and Matt. Keep us updated. We love you guys.
Oh my goodness you guys! Tana, your mom just told me and it's all I can think about. I am so sorry. My heart is seriously aching. I wish there was something I could say or do. Both of you guys are such amazing, amazing people and just know we are pulling for the both of you. And this is so cliche to say but if there is anything I can do... I love you both!
You guys have been in our prayers. Keep us updated. I'm so sorry you guys have to face this challenge.
Post a Comment