Just when we thought life was going to get better we got the rug pulled up from under us again. This last week has been kind of scary for Matt and me. Matt's health started to go down again. He started to feel like he did when he had cancer (so tired, no energy, sleeping all the time). We were so scared! What if the cancer came back? What if it's spread all over the place? What if it's something worse? Fear started to set in and I really couldn't think straight. I love this man more then anything in this world and to see him in such misery and helplessness was horrible. I started to prepare myself for the worst. He decided he would go see the radiation oncologist and see what they could find. The doctor said it was very unlikely it was cancer again but still not impossible. They wanted to do some chest x-rays and blood work just to make sure, though. Test results came back and we found out he had infectious mononucleosis!!!!! MONO!! Really?? The kissing disease..... I had that in High School! So now what? In order to get better from mono you need lots of rest and lots of sleep and how on earth is a medical resident supposed to do that? He works hard often 80+ hours a week. He hardly has time to do anything but work as it is. But even though this isn't good news I will have to say it is a relief to know that his cancer isn't back. I didn't know how I was going to get through things if he had that again. I know we can get through this. I just pray that Matt can survive. Residency is hard to begin with. Every resident family knows how exhausting it is. Pray for my Man and pray for my family please. We need all the help we can get.
Monday, August 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Okay guys no making out until your better cause Tana CANNOT get this cause who would take care of all of you boys!! Mothers don't get time off!
Post a Comment