That's right folks, we just bought our first home! Matt and I went down to Saint Louis this past week and found this house on the first day. We put in an offer that was 15,000 less than the owners asking price and by 7:00 that night it was ours. I can't believe it. Everything worked out just right, and so fast. We are so excited. It is beautiful and has everything we wanted in a home, plus more. It's at the end of a culdesac with a large fenced in back yard. It has a finished basement with a rec room, playroom, 2 bedrooms and a full bathroom. It even has a wet bar for all our alcohol needs. Up stairs it has 3 bedrooms 2 full bathrooms, a family room, living room and a dining room. Matt's favorite thing about the house is that it has a wood burning fireplace! lucky him:) We even have a two car garage. Thank heavens, now we can enjoy the weather without dreading about how hot or cold the cars might be. This comes in handy when you have those horrible ice storms in Missouri.
I just can't wait to move into this house. It will be a wonderful feeling to know that you can do whatever you want to your home without asking a landlord for permission. The only down fall that this home has is that it doesn't come with all of our wonderful friends. We are moving there alone, with no one to lean on. Over the past 4 years I have met some of my closes friends. To think that we might never live near each other again is heartbreaking. I guess it's just time for a new chapter in our lives and we are excited to see what awaits us.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, we have a swimming pool in the backyard too!! It's on a deck that is fenced in. I don't think we would have gotten it if it wasn't fenced in, just because of our young children. But, since it is fenced in, I guess we will have to enjoy the hot, humid summers around our own swimming pool in the back!!! So exciting!!








3 comments:
Congrats on your new baby, new home and residency! Jake and I are so happy for you.
Congratulations! I am happy you are all doing so well! We are excited to see you soon!
Something happened to your link on my blog and I hadn't even seen your post of the new babe! He is DOLL-all that beautiful dark hair! And a new house...rec room...swimming pool?! Sheesh that rocks! CONGRATS on everything...sooo happy for you guys. Can't wait to see you in Kville and meet little McKay!
Post a Comment