Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter weekend

We celebrated Easter on Saturday by going to the "Marshmallow Drop," an annual event held at a big park near our house. All of the kids get their baskets and wait on the outskirts of an open area of the park for a helicopter that flies in and drops thousands of marshmallows. As soon as they're dropped there is a mad rush of kids to collect as many marshmallows as they can to be traded in for prizes at a booth. I thought Ammon would get trampled if we let him out in the middle, so we just jogged in a little after the mad rush to see if we could find one or two. We ended up giving him a few marshmallows from home to make him feel better about his scant collection.



On Sunday, we celebrated Easter by doing a little Easter Egg hunt around the house that ended in the hallway closet where a couple of loot baskets were hiding. Ammon was pretty excited about the whole thing and didn't really follow directions as to where to find the eggs. He just took off and managed to find most of them on his own, without our help.


McKay, as you can see, wasn't as interested in the Easter Eggs and the loot. He was focused on the resurrection of the Savior and was setting a good example for the rest of us.










After we celebrated, we dropped Ammon off with our friends, Jared and Margi, and Tana, McKay, and I all went down to St. Louis to house hunt. Having some help with Ammon made the trip pretty slick. Thanks Jared and Margi!!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tana! Thanks for inviting us to view your blog! Your new house looks adorable - I am so excited for you!!! Your baby is as cute as a button, and I'm so glad we both feel the same way about pregnancy - thanks for validating my sentiments! I hope we get to see you guys at least one more time before you take off. Ben tells me you are leaving very soon. Oh, and I can't believe all the bruises you got from your experience at the hospital! I got a few good ones myself when I was there. It's so frustrating when you feel like a human pin cushion, isn't it?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker