Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My big boy is 2!!!

Last week we celebrated Ammon's 2nd birthday. I can't believe that he is two already. The transformation from baby to little boy is amazing. I can't tell you how much I love this kid. He makes me feel so alive and makes each day worth living. We had a little birthday party for him today with a few of his friends. Nothing to fancy. The theme was Elmo. He seems to always get really excited whenever he sees Elmo, so I thought it would be fun. I made some Elmo cupcakes with some lunch and blew up a bunch of balloons and had music for the kids to dance to. It's crazy how kids really don't need a lot to be entertained. I bet if I just had the balloons we would be good to go. After the party we laid low and then we went out to Pizza Hut for dinner. While we were there he wanted a bouncy ball from the 25 cent machine and I think that was the best part of the day. Why do I go through all of this work and money when in all reality I could go and get him something for 25 cents and be done? Oh well, I had a lot of fun doing all of these things for my little boy for his birthday.





Some things that Ammon is doing right now:
fyi: this is more for the record so sorry if it bores you.

He loves to say prayers. At every meal time Ammon will remind us to say a prayer before eating. He is very good at folding his arms and holding still during the prayer. He also reminds me before he goes to bed. We will be sitting there with the lights off and start to sing songs but if we don't say a prayer beforehand he will just keep saying "prayer, mom, prayer, PRAYER!!!" Sometimes out of habit, I'll start singing a song thinking that I am saying the prayer and he will not let me get by with that. He will even fold his arms during church prayers without us asking him to. I guess he just knows that when prayers are being said its time to be quite and fold his arms.

He loves to sing with me. When I put him down at night we always sing some primary songs and lately he has been singing them with me. He's always a little delayed but I think it is the cutest thing on earth.

He loves talking on the phone to anyone but a especially his grandparents. I think he could spend all day talking to them.

He loves dancing to music. He's just like his momma.

He loves helping me cook. He always says, " Ammon's turn" meaning if mom put in a cup of flour it's Ammon's turn to put in a cup of flour. He's getting pretty good at it.



He loves to clean and be clean. I'm telling you I have a clean freak as a child. Whenever we are eating and if he gets something on his face or on is hands, he starts freaking out! He has to be clean at all times. I know this is a good thing but sometimes it gets a little to annoying to wipe his face and hands after each bit of food.

He loves to help me clean the house. If he sees something that looks messy, he will come up to me and say "mess mom, mess" and won't stop saying it until it's clean. We got him a vacuum for an early birthday present and he LOVES it. He will spend all day vacuuming the house if you asked him. If only the vacuum really worked! He loves to do the dishes, clean the bathroom, and mop the floor. Maybe he is trying to tell me something, you think? Either way, I love it. You don't see many 2 year old kids being this clean so I will say it is a very good thing.



Ammon LOVES his daddy. Whenever Matt comes home from work Ammon has to be with him. He wants nothing to do with me. He will actually get really upset if I even come close to him or his daddy. Just the way he looks at his dad is so cute. He really does think that Matt is it, that he can do anything. He loves to shave. Matt will shave with the electric razor, then put on the clear cover and hand the shaver to Ammon and let him shave. He is pretty thorough. Oh how I love it.



He still loves dogs. Whenever he hears or sees a dog, his little face lights up with excitement. I guess one of these days I will have to give in and get a dog.

His favorite color is green, or so I think. If you ask him what color something is, it's always green.

He loves to count but can only really say 3 and 9 and it's repeated over and over and over again as if those are the only numbers exists.

He loves fire engines, cars, planes, and big trucks.


He still loves to take pictures. He has this cute little cheeser face that doesn't look natural at all but yet still so cute.

Some of my favorite things about Ammon.... 1. His little voice. He has the sweetest little voice and it's so hard to say no to it. 2. His little laugh, It is so contagious. 3. His little tounge. He is so funny with it. Whenever he concentrates, his tongue comes out and curls towards his nose. Matt does it too. I guess that's where he got it from. I love how whenever he wants Matt's attention he yells "MATT!" instead of "Daddy!" It is the cutest thing ever.

A note from dad:

He also loves to play catch, even though he can't catch anything yet. He'll chase down anything you throw to him and attempt to throw it back. Sometimes he thinks it is okay to throw dangerous objects when his parents aren't looking. I took a portable phone to the head the other day while I wasn't paying attention. Watch out! On a different note, whatever I am doing becomes Ammon's favorite thing to do. If I am showering, he wants to shower. If I am fixing something, he makes sure to scatter my tools (so that they are more easily accessible, I'm sure). He always wants whatever tool I am using. If I am going outside, Ammon wants to go outside. The only thing that he doesn't like to do that I like to do is sleep. If I do something wrong I get a "no, no, Matt" to put me back in line. After being at the hospital all day, I come home and sit down on the couch. Within seconds he finds me, grabs ahold of one of my fingers and commands "walk!" which basically means "get off the couch and come play with me." What a fun stage. Oh, and besides mimicking the shaving, he also likes to do his own hair with gel, brush his teeth by himself, and help scrub under his arms when he's taking a bath. Good times!

2 comments:

sarah said...

Sorry this is totally delayed...but hope Ammon had a great birthday! He is so adorable and I have to agree..he has one incredibly sweet voice!

We can't wait to see you for New Years (is that even still the plan?)

Sam and Allison said...

I can't believe he is 2 already! It's crazy! What a cute little boy you have

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker