Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ella Ann Alfonso

Ella is my sweet little niece that was born on the second of November of this year. She was born with several complications and disabilities. Despite knowing of some of the problems before Ella's birth, we had no idea things would be as bad as they are now. On Sunday morning I received a phone call from my mom asking me if I would go out and be with my sister Tiffany and her family. I jumped at the opportunity to be with and help my sister and her family and immediately booked a flight to North Carolina. We were able to get my friend, Margi, to watch Ammon while Matt was at work until my mother-in-law could make it out Monday night. How lucky am I to have family and friends that will give up anything at any moment to help you out in time of need. Thank you Pat and Margi for all of your help.

Ella has been in the ICN since she was born and this last week she hasn't been doing well. I was able to visit her on Monday. What a blessing. Normally, only parents and grandparents are allowed to see babies in the ICN, given the life threatening circumstances, but Tiffany and Chris where able to pull some strings and get permission for me to see her. I walked in the door and noticed several little babies struggling for their lives. When I saw my sweet little niece lying there among them, completely helpless, with wires and tubes all over her little body, I couldn't help but break down and cry. Even though she was covered with all of these wires and her poor little body was extremely swollen from her struggle, I couldn't help but think how beautiful she was. I felt an automatic sense of peace just from being near her. She has such a beautiful spirit.



I was not able to hold her or touch her because of how fragile she is. All I could do is look down at her, overwhelmed with feelings of love for her. No one knows what is in store for Ella in the future, but I truly do feel so fortunate to know her and to have felt her sweet little spirit. She is one of Gods most righteous daughters who has come here for a body and to teach us how to love. Thank you Tiffany and Chris for letting me be here with you and your little angle.

Please pray for Ella and her family. They really do need all the prayers they can get.

If you are wanting to know more about Ella and to see how she is doing you can go to
http://www.ellastouch.com/
Chris has done a wonderful job on keeping everyone updated.

I love you Ella!!

3 comments:

sarah said...

Tana, this is beautiful. I am so glad Chris and Tiffany have you there. We feel so helpless, it's nice to know that although we can't be there with them, that they have you.
Send our love their way!

Kami Satterlee said...

she is so precious. How fun that you got to see her, you're such a sweet sister. How is your baby doin? Are you guys doin anything fun for xmas? miss you!

kiley said...

I'm so glad you were able to go see cute Ella! You are such a great sister. I'm sure she loved having you out there.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker