I'm back:) I know all of you are so anxious to know what the baby is so here's the story. I was planning on going to Utah the last week of October to spend time with my family while Matt was out of town. He had been out of town for 3 weeks previously doing out rotations and was going to be gone for 3 more weeks. I was sick and tired of being alone so it seemed like a perfect time to see family. We decided that when Matt was done with his out rotations that he would come to Utah and spend two weeks there for thanksgiving (which never happened btw). After realizing how long we would be gone for and that we would be gone during the time we would normally find out what we were having. (My Doctor usually has the big ultrasound around 18 weeks and I wouldn't be back till I was 22/23 weeks along.) I had a doctors appointment around 16 1/2 weeks and this was going to be my last one till I got back from Utah. Matt was still out of town but was coming back that night, so I asked the doctor if she wouldn't mind giving me an ultrasound to see if we could see the sex of the baby. She said yes but made it clear that the chances of us seeing what the sex was, was going to be very slim just because of how early I was and that if we did see the sex of the baby that we shouldn't go out and buy a whole bunch of things because they could be wrong. I told her that I would take my chances. We went in and started to look at my sweet little angle. I asked if she would be so kind to not tell me the sex of the baby but instead write it down on a piece of paper so that when my husband comes home we could find out together. She said okay and we started to look. Our little one would not hold still and wanted to keep it's legs crossed at all times. She took a few pictures of the baby and then started to look some more. I thought that for sure there was no chance of us seeing the sex but then our little one started to spread it's legs. My Doctor asked me if I had any ideas on what it was and I said yes, I think it's a girl. She then said YOUR RIGHT!!!
WHAT, I'M HAVING A GIRL!!!!
I could not believe that what I have been feeling this entire time was true plus I wasn't expecting her to tell me right then so I was a little shocked. I think she must of forgotten that I asked her not to tell me but oh well I was so excited. I asked her how sure she was and she said 95% sure. So with that I am pretty confident that we are having a girl. I felt bad though because when I found out what I was having with Ammon, Matt wasn't there and now with this one he wasn't there either. Sad.
That night when Matt came home I acted like nothing happened that day and a few hours later I told him that I had a welcome home gift for him for working so hard the last few weeks. I gave him a picture frame of the baby that shows it's a girl. Cheesy I know but I couldn't come up with anything better at the time so that was as good as it got.
That night when Matt came home I acted like nothing happened that day and a few hours later I told him that I had a welcome home gift for him for working so hard the last few weeks. I gave him a picture frame of the baby that shows it's a girl. Cheesy I know but I couldn't come up with anything better at the time so that was as good as it got.
Well there you have it. We are having a Girl:) I can't tell you how happy I am. It's crazy how strong a mothers intuition is. Before I even got pregnant I could feel that a little girl needed to come down. It was such a strong feeling and I just knew from the beginning that we had a little girl coming down to our family.
.jpg)
Here I am 21 weeks pregnant. I'm HUGE!!! I feel like I have gain weight much quicker with this little one then I did with Ammon. It's kind of depressing if you ask me. Oh well, I'm just happy to be pregnant. So far I have been feeling great. I have started to have a hard time at night with sleeping because of discomfort but over all I'm doing good. Our little girl is one active baby. She moves all the time and every night at around 9:00 she starts dancing like crazy. I can see her kick and Matt can feel her move to. I love it.








8 comments:
Tana! I love your cute tummy! I'm so excited it's a girl. Our little girls will be best cousins:)
Oh congratulations! How fun to add some pink to your life! I'm so excited for you and Matt!
congrats!! Im so excited for you guys!! Baby girls are so sweet, you will love it!
Congratulations Tana!!! How exciting for you. I hope you have an easy time for the next 1/2 of your pregnancy. Good luck!! :)
Yay! The Nelsons and Davises have matching families so far! That means we can marry off ALL our children to each other. Yesssss! Congratulations and I know she's going to be every bit as beautiful as you are.
YAY!!!!!!A GIRL AND A PREGO PIC. I look just like you my dear no worries:) I'm stoked that we are prego with big #2 babies and couldn't be more excited. You look beautimous and that little girl I can tell will be a dancer. She will move like the best of them haha:)
Can't wait to meet the little one! Soo happy for you guys!
Hip Hip Hooray! Congrats! That is great! Hope you are feeling great!
Post a Comment