In March my sisters and I decided to go to Tennessee to surprise my sister Kimberly for her 40th birthday. The months leading up to it were so fun to figure out all the details. There were even a few times that we almost let it slip but luckily she never caught on.
The plan was that my sister Tiffany was going to drive there with her kids since they live the closes to Kimberly. Kimberly did know this part so at least she was expecting company. I flew in to North Carolina to spend a few days with Tiffany and her family before going to Kimberly's.
Tiffany had this little kid shaving kit that she let Ammon use...


He took it very seriously. :)
Our sweet little Ella


I feel so honored and lucky to be able to see her again. She is just beautiful in every way!
After a couple of days at Tiffany's, Michelle came in and we started are long drive to Tennessee. It would of been so fun if it weren't for McKay and the STOMACH FLU!!! The whole trip consist of him throwing up and having diarrhea in the car. It was so sad. So for us to be driving 8 hours in the car with him like he was, was not fun at all. I kept praying that it was a 24 hour flu but it wasn't. Poor McKay.
We made it to TN. Tiffany had arrange to have Kim's best friend watch her kids, well all of our kids, and told Kim to meet her at a restaurant. I think she thought it was a little odd that Tiffany wouldn't just drop the kids off at her house but she went along with it anyways. Shawna, Michelle and I were all setting in the back of the restaurant waiting for Kimberly to come. We had the whole restaurant in on it which made it even more exciting. Finally she made it. Tiffany greeted her at the door and sat down at a different table.. we had to do that because DeEttes was running late and we wanted her to be there for the big revile. She made it and the waitress had Tiffany and Kimberly move to our table. We all were giggling with excitement as she was walking towards us. When she saw us all standing there she was in shock! It was perfect. There were many tear and hugs.
We also had planned a surprise Birthday party for her with all of her friend and ward members.

All the Jones girls
Shawna, me, DeEtte, Tiffany, Michelle and Kimberly
Sarah wasn't able to make it out. We all missed having her with us.

I love my sisters!!
As we were there we decided that we would use our woman skills and redo Kimberly's upstairs bathrooms.. They turned out beautiful.

The girls bathroom

Master bathroom
I loved being with my sisters on this trip and only wish that we all lived closer so we could do this more.









No comments:
Post a Comment