Saturday, December 4, 2010

Grandma Beck


My Grandma Beck passed away a couple of weeks ago. Even though it was a very sad thing to say good bye to her, it was also a very happy thing. For the passed who knows how many years she has had very bad health. Towards the end it got hard to see her because she was so sick.

This was the last time I saw my grandma Beck.


My grandma was quite a character. She was a comedian and a social butterfly. No matter where she was or who she was with she could make people laugh with her jokes.

I was able to go to Oregon with my family for the funeral. I don't think I have ever been to such a unique funeral in my life. All of the speakers had everyone laughing their heads off by telling us stories about my grandma. They told about how she would play pranks on the neighbors at night to scare them, this was after all of her kids were grown up. She was very good at it and I bet she had a lot of people call the cops on her because they got so scared. She loved to tell stories and most of them were scary stories too. I remember as a child always being so afraid of her stories that at night I would have a hard time sleeping. I don't think she really ever grew up. She truly was a kid at heart.

Even though this trip was for a sad reason it was a lot of fun to see cousins I haven't seen for a long time and to see the farm where my mom grew up and where I spent a lot of my time as a child growing up. This place is a child's dream. It's next to a railroad track and the Snake River. They had an island next to their house which was part of the farm but in order to get there you had to cross the river. My grandpa, who was a inventor, built a fairy to get a cross. That same fairy is the one that they still use. My Uncle Richard, who lives there now, took us and all of my cousins to the island. It was so cold but still so beautiful.

This is a picture I took of the Snake River and the island. This was when I was on the fairy.



Poor little boy.. he was so cold.


I loved my grandma very much and she will be missed. At least we have her stories to always remember what a fun crazy woman she was. :)


No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker