Friday, October 26, 2007

And we will be moving to......

After a long restless night, we finally know where we are going for the next two or more years of our lives. Wyandotte, Michigan!!!! I can't tell you how happy I am. The only down fall is that I am moving farther away from my family and friends in Utah. When we first came here to Kirksville, MO, I told all of my family and friends back home not to worry because I would only be gone for 2 years, and then I would come back to Utah. Then after being here and finding out more about rotations I started to realize that the chances of us going back to Utah were slim, but I still had hope. I asked Matt where he thought we might go for our rotations and he said Michigan, maybe. What!!! Michigan!? Who would want to move to Michigan (sorry Melissa:)) It's cold and wet and all I have ever heard about Michigan is that it is depressing! I told him that I would go anywhere else but Michigan. Then I started to see some pluses in going there. There was a large possibility that my friends from Kirksville would be going there, too, which was 90% of what was important to me for my ideal site. At that point my heart started to open up and see the good. It is a beautiful State and very green, and if I did have friends there that would make it the best place ever :) Take Kirksville for instance. There is NOTHING to do here but go to wal-mart and Ruby Tuesdays, but the people that live here make everything worth it. I truly don't know what I would do with out my friends here. I am going to miss all of them soooo soooooo soooo much!!!! They have become my family away from family. Tear drop. So in conclusion, I am soo excited to move to Michigan and meet new people but I am also so sad to leave such wonderful friends here in Kirksville. I can only hope that no matter where all my friends move we can always keep in touch. I love them all so much. Ok, so I still have 7 more months before moving, so I will try not to think about the move too much. I will continue to enjoy beautiful Kirksville and all of its joys.

4 comments:

Ty and Ash Sorensen said...

hey tana is ashley!! i was so excited when i found you! i cant beleive you are having a baby. you are going to be a great mom. thats exciting about michigan! my husband (tyler) served his mission there and LOVED it! keep in touch girl! love ya and miss ya!
ash! (anderson)

Rural Dee said...

Hey, congrats! It's always a good feeling to know where you are off to next. It sounds like you guys have really found some good friends up there. That's great that you will be able to move together with some of them! Yay!

Melissa said...

Ha! You will love your time in MI! It really isn't that much colder than MO and there are so many wonderful things to do there! Apple orchards, thousands of lakes, Mackinac Island, Lake MI, real pumpkin patches, Cedar Point is close (google it), Downtown Detroit(Fox theater, Lions and Tigers games, Red Wings!, Pistons, International Auto Show...) uh, what else? There's more...
I am glad that you will be close to us too!

Michelle said...

Tana! Michigan..... sigh......Good thing we have phones!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker