Tuesday, November 2, 2010

California

Last year my parents celebrated their 40th Anniversary. As siblings we wanted to do something special for them to celebrate their marriage. We decided to surprise them with a trip to where it all began on Balboa Island, California. All of us met them there without any spouses or children (with the exception of McKay because he is attach to me) and we spent a week seeing where they fell in love. This was the first time in who knows how long I was able to be with just my siblings (all of them), with no added stress from spouses and kids (no offense in-laws). It was absolutely wonderful in every way. We rented two condos in New Port Beach that were stunning. Oh, how I wish my house looked the way these condos looked. Anyway, we started the trip off by going to Disneyland. Who knew adults could have so much fun there. McKay did amazingly well. I think he might of let out a little cry once or twice but other than that he was just happy going on rides with us and cruising in the stroller.



Posted by Picasa

That night we ate at the Pirates of the Caribbean Restaurant and it was AMAZING. Who knew Disneyland would have that good of food?!!

On Friday we went over to Balboa Island. My mom and dad lived there for a summer in a little house. At the time they thought about buying it but they thought that they would never be able to afford it. Now it's worth millions!! Oh how I wish they would of bought it. It was such a pretty little town and would of been great for a beach house.!
Playing at the beach. We had so much fun having races on the beach and getting wet :)

When my parents lived in California they loved to go to the Crab Cooker. It was their favorite restaurant and I remember them telling us about it growing up. We finally were able to go there. I would say it was everything they said it was but the fact that I don't like seafood I can't say it's my favorite.

That night we had a little program for my parents to celebrate their life and marriage. My sister Michelle made a slide show of their lives. It was so fun to see them when they were babies, kids, teenagers and then when they dated and fell in love. Most of the pictures I had never seen before so it was really fun to watch. It then showed the time line of having their kids. It was crazy to watch it all and see those pictures from a more mature perspective. Now that I'm married and have kids of my own, I could really relate to their experiences, more than I thought I would. They have lived a wonderful life and have had wonderful experiences. I can only hope that I am as lucky as they were with their lives.

After the movie my sister Kimberly gave us all books that had memories from all of us about my mom and dad. We sat there and laughed as we read our memories out loud. So many funny memories that I had forgotten over the years. I loved this night so much! I felt like a little kid again hanging out with my family and laughing and crying together. I love my family and I truly feel like the luckiest girl alive to be apart of it. Each one of my siblings are amazing. Each of us are so different and yet so similar in many ways. I guess that is why we get along so well. We make up for each others differences and make it so we make the perfect family :) That is exactly what I believe!!

Saturday was our last day together. My mom knew someone from her home ward that now lived out there that was able to babysit McKay so that all of us could go to the Temple. This was an amazing experience. To have every one of my siblings and my parents with me in the celestial room was something I will never forget. As we were in there I looked at my parents and kept thinking how lucky they are to have all of their children in the temple with them. To have all of their children be strong in the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. I stood there and prayed that one day I could be as lucky as they are to have all of my children with me in the Celestial room. To know that we will All be together forever.
After going to the Temple we went to the beach and attempted taking a family picture. This is what we got. I love it. Don't I have a beautiful family!!

For our last night there we all sat around ate yummy food and talked about life. It was a very simple night together but it was perfect in every way. It was the cherry on top of a perfect vacation.
I couldn't of asked for a more perfect trip with my family. I loved every moment that I had with them and wish we could do it again next year. :)

Happy anniversary mom and dad, I love you!!

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker