Well, I'm lonely. My family has left me to be home all alone. Matt's brother, Steven, just came home from his mission from Chili, and Matt wanted to go out and see him. I was just fine with him leaving but I was a little nervous because I'm 34 1/2 weeks pregnant and I would be alone with a crazy 2 year old. But then Matt brought up the idea of taken Ammon with him so that I could get a little bit of a break and some rest before the baby came. I could not believe that Matt came up with this idea. Just the thought that I could sleep whenever I wanted and that I could do any projects that needed to be done before the baby came was a wonderful idea, and feeling. I told him he most definitely could take Ammon and I was so excited at the time. But then...... the night before they left I started to get nervous and sad that they both were leaving. I am usually the one that is leaving my family to go out and party ;) But now I'm the one that is being left alone at home. It just doesn't seem right. Matt and Ammon left early yesterday morning and as I was driving home from the airport, I wanted to cry. I miss them so much. I can't stand being away from my boys. I'm kind of use to having Matt gone all the time, but to have Ammon gone I feel like half of me is missing. It is so quiet in the house and it kind of feels eerie. I hate this and I still have 5 more days of loneliness.
Okay, I'll stop complaining. I have had some fun being single. Last night my friends threw me and another one of my friends, Jen, a baby shower. It was so fun and I loved staying up late talking and laughing all night long. It was kind of a hard night to have a baby shower because we had a big snow storm and driving in it wasn't that fun. So, thanks to those who decided to go out and risk their lives to come to our shower, you are troupers. I'm mad at myself for not taking any pictures though. I brought my camera and I only took one picture of the dessert table. I guess it's still a good picture to have cause, man alive, it was a yummy table.
.jpg)
Thanks everyone who came and made this baby shower happen for me and Jen. We loved it and loved all of the gifts that we got. I can't believe how talented some people are. I got so many cute hand made items and I can't wait to use all of them.
.jpg)
My friend Kasey made me this amazing quilt. I have been looking for fabric/bedding for Ammon and Baby Boy for when they are in big beds for quite some time now. I was wanting to get something for them before we moved just so I would have one less thing to worry about, but I could never find what I was looking for. I wanted something that was plaid and patch work, but everything that I found was way too expensive. Kasey called me up one day and told me that she found what I have been looking for at Hobby Lobby. I decided to go and check it out and I fell in love with it. It was fabric that was already patch together and with a 40% off coupon you could get it for pretty cheap. She told me that if I bought it, she would put it together and do all the busy work that I didn't want to do at all. What a bargain don't you think?! She finished it in time for my baby shower and I couldn't be happier. I LOVE IT SOOO STINKING MUCH!! I can't wait to put it in Ammon's room when he gets a big boy bed. How cute will it be when both boys are older and can share a room together. I'm already coming up with ideas for their room even though they don't have it yet.:) Thank you so much Kasey!!
.jpg)
2 comments:
The quilt is DARLING! She did a wonderful job! Are Matt and Ammon home now? Hope you're not lonely anymore - wish I could have come to visit ;)
Wow, no fun being all by yourself! I can't even imagine... I'm so glad you got a nice baby shower, and Kasey's quilt truly is amazing! I'm excited to see you guys at graduation1
Post a Comment