I've been meaning to write this post for over 2 1/2 months but for some reason I just can't keep this blog updated for the life of me. I guess I was waiting till I downloaded these pictures to tell you a story. So with that being said.... Here is the picture of my sweet little baby when I was 16 weeks along.
.jpg)
.jpg)
If you look closely at the second picture you can see the three little lines that us girls have. My doctor kept saying how distinct those lines were. I remember having these overwhelming feelings of satisfaction of being right with my 'it's a Girl' hunch. I truly do have the "mothers intuition" I thought. I know some women go in there thinking that they are having one sex and then it turns out being the opposite. But lucky for me I was right, just like I was right with thinking Ammon was a boy.
Well I then had my big ultrasound where they looked at every little detail of the baby to make sure everything is good. I think I was around 22 weeks or so at this ultrasound. A little later then you would normally have it, but I was out of town, so, yeah.
.jpg)
.jpg)
And then we found this...
.jpg)
That's right, we are having a boy (as far as we can tell). So all that talk about me being right and truly having the "mothers intuition" has been demolish. When the ultrasound tech told us that we were having a boy and not a girl, I didn't really know how to respond. I guess I knew this was a possibility because I had my first ultrasound earlier then normal and that is why I didn't buy anything for a baby girl knowing that it could change or something like that. I guess it's better to find out now then when the baby came out. At the beginning of this pregnancy I didn't really care if I was to have a boy or a girl. I think I wanted a girl just to have one of each sex covered, and I really did think it was a girl just because of how different my pregnancy was in comparison to Ammon's. But I guess I am just holding on to the Jones tradition. Two of my sisters thought and felt like their next baby would be a girl and it never happened until the last baby came around. I guess it is a way to make sure we keep trying till we get that girl and when we do we can call it quits, if we want. I really did have some overwhelming feelings that a little girl needed to come down. I guess I'm just going to have to wait a little longer than planned and pray that those feelings really were true and one of these day's I will get my little girl.
.jpg)
.jpg)
If you look closely at the second picture you can see the three little lines that us girls have. My doctor kept saying how distinct those lines were. I remember having these overwhelming feelings of satisfaction of being right with my 'it's a Girl' hunch. I truly do have the "mothers intuition" I thought. I know some women go in there thinking that they are having one sex and then it turns out being the opposite. But lucky for me I was right, just like I was right with thinking Ammon was a boy.
Well I then had my big ultrasound where they looked at every little detail of the baby to make sure everything is good. I think I was around 22 weeks or so at this ultrasound. A little later then you would normally have it, but I was out of town, so, yeah.
.jpg)
.jpg)
And then we found this...
.jpg)
That's right, we are having a boy (as far as we can tell). So all that talk about me being right and truly having the "mothers intuition" has been demolish. When the ultrasound tech told us that we were having a boy and not a girl, I didn't really know how to respond. I guess I knew this was a possibility because I had my first ultrasound earlier then normal and that is why I didn't buy anything for a baby girl knowing that it could change or something like that. I guess it's better to find out now then when the baby came out. At the beginning of this pregnancy I didn't really care if I was to have a boy or a girl. I think I wanted a girl just to have one of each sex covered, and I really did think it was a girl just because of how different my pregnancy was in comparison to Ammon's. But I guess I am just holding on to the Jones tradition. Two of my sisters thought and felt like their next baby would be a girl and it never happened until the last baby came around. I guess it is a way to make sure we keep trying till we get that girl and when we do we can call it quits, if we want. I really did have some overwhelming feelings that a little girl needed to come down. I guess I'm just going to have to wait a little longer than planned and pray that those feelings really were true and one of these day's I will get my little girl.
OK, so, now I'm starting to sound all depressed about my boy, which I'm not at all. I am so happy to be having another little boy. Part of me wanted a little boy to begin with just so Ammon would have a little buddy to play with and be BFF's. Now I don't have to stress about getting all new bedding, clothes and toys, they can share everything together and I really don't have to do much to prepare. I have been having so much fun coming up with ideas for their room when they get older. They can share a room and have matching bedding. It will be all boy in there and I can't wait till I can put it all together. This will be so fun and I really am so excited. When we were getting close to being done with the ultrasound, the tech said that we were handling the new "sex" information really well compared to others in the same situation. I didn't really know what else to do but say "oh, really!?" It's not like I'm going to get rid of my baby or be mad at them for the rest of my life. I am just so thankful to be pregnant and to have a healthy little baby that will be coming into our lives. I'm not mad at my doctor for telling me it was a girl because, for heaven sakes, look at the picture! I totally thought is was a girl, too.
So now to my little man inside me... I can't wait to see you and to have you in our family! I think you are going to be a lot like your brother because you are moving constantly inside me, yet if anyone comes around to feel how much you are moving, you stop instantly as though you are shy. But I know otherwise. We have no idea what your name is going to be and we haven't done one little thing to prepare for you, sorry about that. I love you and I'll see you soon. Hopefully.
Love Mommy








6 comments:
As crazy as that is.....It's Such A Fun STORY!!! I'm so excited you are gonna be the super hot mom with your 2 little boys that love you to pieces, I'm so jealous:)! Friend way to be positive 2 little boys is going to be a blast. AND WE ARE HAVING BOYS TOGETHER how fun is that?! Now if i could get you to update us with that little belly of yours things would be perfect.........
I'm so happy you finally posted this! Yay for another boy!!!
Congrats!!! That is so exciting! Maybe you have 2 in there. ;)
Wow! Every pregnancy comes with many stories... and there is yours! So my guess was right after all! Congrats!
I would like you to put up some pictures of your cute prego tummy:)I miss you guys. I'm so excited that you will be out here at the same time as us! woo hoo! You can just drop ammon off with us and spend time with your new born. sadie would be in heaven. love ya!
Oops...sorry I bought you those girly baby gifts for Christmas! I guess you can just pawn them off to one of your friends--unless you want to see how your new boy looks in leopard print. ;) Congratulations for boy #2!
Post a Comment