
The wedding was in California and it was beautiful. I felt so lucky to be able to be there for them. Each and every sibling of mine is married. It's crazy. Here is my entire family. It is rare to have my whole family together just because we are all over the place, but now we have a picture of all of us. Don't I have a good looking family? (sorry my camera sucks so it's not the best picture)

All of my beautiful sisters.

Aren't these little girls the cutest little flower babies ever!?

I could not believe how beautiful DeEtte's dress was. I love weddings. They are soo fun.

The cutest little man there. Don't you just love his little smile.
Ammon flying high :)
While we were there I was really nervous to see how Ammon would do with the 3 hour time change. Everything was planned at night, way past his bed time, and I knew it was going to be trouble. Lucky for me Matt's brother and his wife live in nearby Vacaville and were able to watch Ammon for almost 2 days. Oh what a blessing it was to be able to enjoy the celebrations and know that my baby was safe and having fun with his cousin Sadie. Thank you Sam and Allison!!
We had such a wonderful time in Cali and soon we had to say goodbye to family and come back home. This is where the fun really started to happen. FLYING. Why or why does flying have to be so hard for a 22 month old. We started the traveling day around 10:30am. Ammon was having a hard time to begin with just cause it was his nap time and he was missing it. We got on the plane and all hell broke loose. Ammon screamed the WHOLE FLIGHT. Yes the whole flight. I know that it is hard to imagine such a cute little kid like this being a pill, but it happens to the best of them.
This is his new smile. Every time he sees a camera he says "CHEESE" an gives us the biggest smile he has.
Lucky for me I had Matt this time so at least I had someone to take turns holding our screaming baby. I think that the people around us were ready to kill us and I don't blame them. I didn't know what to do? Here we are cramped in a small space with a 22 month old on our laps. I felt that any second I was going to start bawling my eyes out, meanwhile Matt was about to punch a hole in the wall. We were counting down the seconds to when we would land and get off the plane. We had a connecting flight in Salt Lake so Ammon got a little bit of time to sleep in his stroller before our next flight. For some reason my child will not fall asleep in my arms. He has to have his own space and thankfully he got it. Now onto our next flight. I was praying the whole time that he wouldn't cry and thankfully I got my wish. He did great. He played, watched movies, colored and was a happy little boy. We landed in Detroit around 10:30pm. We were soo tired and just wanted to be home asap. But no, instead they decided that we didn't have a hard enough day yet and thought it would be fun to lose our car seat!! KILL ME NOW. I could not believe this. I kind of knew something was wrong cause when we landed I went to the bathroom and heard my name being called but I couldn't hear what they were saying so we just decided to go down to the luggage claim. We had to walk a mile and a half to get there. When we realized our car seat was gone I had a feeling that someone must of taken it off of the plane at the gate. Matt went to talk to the baggage office but no one seemed to care to find out where it was. They just said that when they get it they would deliver it to our house and for the time being we could have a new, cheap, infant, backward facing car seat. Lovely, my child doesn't fit in a infant car seat any more. We then had to sit there for another hour so while Matt waited for the bus to take him to the other terminal where the car was. I was so tired and I just wanted to be home. When Matt came to pick us up I decided to go and talk to them myself. I talked to a few people who said that there would be no way it would be at the gate and they wouldn't even try and get someone to go look. After another hour I was able to talk to someone who knew what they were talking about and was able to go and get someone to go up to our gate and see if our car seat was there. Guess what! It was there but then it took another freaking 45 min for them to bring it to me. By this time it was 1:30 in the morning and I had had it. Why couldn't someone just help us out in the first place. We got home around 2- 2:30 and by that time we had been traveling over 15 hours that day. I pray that no one has to go through something like that. Sorry for the long story but you wouldn't be able to feel my pain unless I told the whole thing:)Now that I am done venting, I wanted to write down some of the highlights of the summer. August was kind of a crazy month for our little family. We had some friends stay with us for about 2 1/2 weeks, meanwhile Matt was studying for the boards. Oh how I hate it when he has big tests. It takes up all of his time and energy and we just don't get to see him much during that time. He took the test which was about 8-10 hour test which for me would be hell. After that he was free!!!!:):):) I couldn't wait till the night after the test. He could just come home and relax. We decided that it would be fun to go and do something out of the ordinary with our little family that weekend to celebrate so we went to the zoo. Ammon loved the zoo! We went on a train ride and on the merry go round and saw tons of different animals that he was ecstatic about. Lately we have been working with him on what the different animals say so for him to see them in person was pretty cute.

Monkeys are one of his favorite animals so he kept letting us know what they say. He thought he was pretty cool.
The next day we decided to go to Lake Saint Claire and play at the beach. We went with Jared and Margi and loved it. I don't know why we haven't been doing this every weekend.

I don't even have to say anything cause I know you know what I'm thinking about... I LOVE THIS KID!!!!!



Sorry there were too many cute pictures and I couldn't decided which ones to post so you get to see them all.My Little Garden
Before I left to go to Utah earlier this summer, I decided to become a true mom and house wife by starting my own garden. Some of my friends were doing it and so I did it, too. We had to start off with digging out an area for a garden. I didn't want it to be too big, just a little space that tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers could fit in. During the whole process of growing my garden, my plants decided that wanted to play dead and look dead as well. This is what my tomato plants looked like..

And this is what my neighbors tomato plants look like, what tomato plants are suppose to look like.

Even though my plants looked dead somehow tomatoes started to grow on them. They weren't big or anything but still I was shocked. My peppers did well, but I still don't know if gardening is for me. At least now it's not for me. Maybe one day when I'm older and have the right amount of skill required to garden I will try again. Until then you probably won't hear much about me and gardens.
Baseball Time
The other day we went to Sam's Club and Ammon Loves it there. He gets so excited to go and run around. Yes, I'm one of those mom's who let their children loose at the store (Not all the time. I only do it if Matt's around so that one of us can chase Ammon and the other one can do the shopping). Well Ammon found the coolest place to hide. He's just like his mom and this is where I would hide too if it was me. The only problem was we couldn't get him out. We were there for about 15 minutes and he thought it was the funniest thing ever. Matt finally had to belly crawl over some boxes so that he could grab and arm and drag Ammon out. He wasn't happy to be taken from his fortress of solitude.
One of our weekly events is to go down our street and feed the ducks at the park. Once you start to feed them I swear 20 more birds and ducks start coming after you. Kind of cool to see but scary at times.

Some random Pictures this summer
I hope you enjoyed the very very long post and I hope it satisfied your craving to know what we did this summer:). Hopefully, there are some of you still out there that look at our blog. I promise I will do better. Be expecting a new post from me next week.......hopefully:)
Matt and some of his buddies from school got into a softball leage. Ammon has the time of his life watching his daddy play and he is great for encouragement. He loves to yell "GO DAD GO DAD GO!!" He gets it from his go dog go book I think.

Just to tell you how cool it is to live near Detroit, I'll tell a story about what happened during Matt's last softball game. While we were watching a helicopter with a huge spotlight was circling the area. We all didn't think much of it at first, but it continued to circle and by the lights of the field we found out it was a police chopper. All of us girls started to joke about how we had a fugitive at our game and they needed to turn themselves in. As the game went on we started to notice tons of cop cars swarming the area. So, seriously, there was a big time fugitive running away from the cops right next to us. It seems like there is always something going on with cops and criminals in the area. One of my friends from Ohio told me once her husband was at the dentist and while he was waiting he over heard someone talking to the dentist about living in Iraq. The dentist asked him if it was scary and the man said "no, not really. I would rather live there than in down town Detroit." Yeah, and that is where I live. The number one crime city in the US. Lucky me.
Just to clarify something... I really do like were I live. I've just never lived somewhere where it is so exciting.

Just to tell you how cool it is to live near Detroit, I'll tell a story about what happened during Matt's last softball game. While we were watching a helicopter with a huge spotlight was circling the area. We all didn't think much of it at first, but it continued to circle and by the lights of the field we found out it was a police chopper. All of us girls started to joke about how we had a fugitive at our game and they needed to turn themselves in. As the game went on we started to notice tons of cop cars swarming the area. So, seriously, there was a big time fugitive running away from the cops right next to us. It seems like there is always something going on with cops and criminals in the area. One of my friends from Ohio told me once her husband was at the dentist and while he was waiting he over heard someone talking to the dentist about living in Iraq. The dentist asked him if it was scary and the man said "no, not really. I would rather live there than in down town Detroit." Yeah, and that is where I live. The number one crime city in the US. Lucky me.
Just to clarify something... I really do like were I live. I've just never lived somewhere where it is so exciting.
Adventures of a Store
The other day we went to Sam's Club and Ammon Loves it there. He gets so excited to go and run around. Yes, I'm one of those mom's who let their children loose at the store (Not all the time. I only do it if Matt's around so that one of us can chase Ammon and the other one can do the shopping). Well Ammon found the coolest place to hide. He's just like his mom and this is where I would hide too if it was me. The only problem was we couldn't get him out. We were there for about 15 minutes and he thought it was the funniest thing ever. Matt finally had to belly crawl over some boxes so that he could grab and arm and drag Ammon out. He wasn't happy to be taken from his fortress of solitude.
One of our weekly events is to go down our street and feed the ducks at the park. Once you start to feed them I swear 20 more birds and ducks start coming after you. Kind of cool to see but scary at times.

Some random Pictures this summer
Ammon sleeping. For some reason he has to have something over and around his head. I don't know why. I usually end up going in his room at night to take whatever it may be off his head but he always seems to put it back there throughout the night.


Our little super Man



Our little super Man











3 comments:
I'm proud of you for finally updating your blog and you win the award for longest blog post ever! I loved it though!
So happy to find your blog. Ammon is adorable!
SEXY MAMA! I love your short hair way to go. Second, um...your child is BLONDE as can be and so handsome. I always said I wanted a blonde haired brown eyes child and you got it......grrrrr:)hahajk Sorry about your flight sounds horrible. I'm so glad you love detroit and I miss your bones:( SO...this next post does it involve a growing belly? I HOPE!
Post a Comment