I feel like so much has happened these last couple of weeks. I don't even know where to begin, so forgive me if it seems like a lot of information all at once. Hopefully, I can summarize everything in a short paragraph without leaving things out.
After having the baby I was able to have my mom and mother-in-law come out to help with Ammon. I feel so blessed to have such amazing women in my life. They helped out so much. First my mom came out a couple of days after Ammon was born. She was able to stay for 2 weeks!! She helped me finish the baby's bedding, which was a huge help. I started it months ago and I just couldn't seem to finish it. Plus, it was my first time quilting so I was having some troubles, but with her help we were able to finish it :)
After my mom left, my mother-in-law, Pat, came out for a week to meet her first grandchild! She was so helpful and sweet. I was so sad to see her go. I love both my mom and mother-in-law so much. Thanks mom and Pat for everything!!
Well, as some of you know I was able to have the Amish make Ammon's crib and changing table. WE LOVE THEM!! Irvin Vontraeger, who made the furniture, did such a good job. We got everything we wanted for half the price we would have paid getting the furniture from a catalog. So exciting!!!!


My friends, Margi and Kasey, threw me a baby shower with all of my friends, and my mom was able to come since she was still in town. It was so nice and fun. Thanks Margi and Kasey for putting so much work into the shower, and thanks to everyone else for the gifts! I loved everything about the shower:)

After my mom and mother-in-law left I had 1 week without motherly guidance (with just Matt and Ammon) and then we left for Utah to celebrate Christmas there. Originally, we planned on staying home for Christmas due to just having a baby, but because we had Ammon 3 weeks early, we decided to go and be with family for the holiday's. We had such a wonderful time, complicated at times due to having a newborn and being so wanted by both family's ;) but wonderful. Matt's brother Sam got married on the 22 of Dec. and now I have a new sister-in-law, Allison. They are such a cute couple and I am so happy that Allison is in the family.
We were also able to have Ammon's baby blessing while we were in Utah. We had it at my parents house on Saturday the 29th. It was so special. Matt gave a beautiful blessing. Here are some pictures of the blessing. Ammon was so cute in his little outfit. We had a bonnet for him but Matt thought it looked too girly on him, but for some reason I thought he looked so cute in it. I love this little man and I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

My brother-in-law, Adam, took all of Ammon's baby blessing pictures for us. He did such a good job. Thanks so much Adam, I love them. Here is a slide show of the baby blessing. Enjoy :)
My brother Brett is building their home right now all by himself (with a little help from my dad and a good friend that he is working for). He is doing all the hard work and I can't believe how nice everything is looking! They are hoping to have the house finished sometime in March (I think). I just thought that this was so cool that I had to post something on this matter. Here is the house... Good job Brett and Sarah
After being in Utah for 2 weeks we came back to our simple life in Kirksville, Mo. It was so nice to be home in our own comfort zone. Not having family here to help all the time was an adjustment, but we are coming along very well. Ammon has almost double his weight and is a very happy little boy. He is doing really well with sleeping through the night (that makes me really happy). Matt is back in school and I am catching up on unfinished projects, or I should say I am TRYING to catch up on unfinished projects. I love being a mother and I feel so lucky to have Ammon with us. I never knew I could have so much love for a little boy. I love him so much. Sorry that this took so long to post but I hope i made it up to you all with how long it is. Love you all, and I will try to do better with this whole blog thing in the future.
Here is another slide show of basically everything, it's long so I hope you like it.












7 comments:
I love love love the pictures! He is so precious. And you made my morning because you updated...wow i have a sad life;)haha. Call me soon lover!
Yay you updated your blog! And what a cute blog layout I might add. I wonder what incredibly nice friend did that for you??? Hmmmm...
Hey Tana, This is Rachael Hawkins, Boomer's wife. I know you probably don't remember us from your wedding, but we are pat's sister, Lyn,'s kids. Boomer is her son and I am the in-law. Anyway, we are in Cedar with Scott and talk to him a lot and we are so excited for you and Matt and little Ammon. We couldn't make it to Sam and Allison's wedding, but we wanted to be there so bad to see everyone, especailly you and the baby! You guys look so happy! Congrats on the baby! He is so so cute!
Tana, I'm so glad everything is going so well with you and the baby! I was so bummed that I did not get to see you while you were in town. You look so great! You will have to let me know when you come to Utah again. You me and Ki should all go to lunch. You are such a cute mom! Take Care. Love, Steph
Yay, what a good update! I love all the pictures, I looked at every single one. Collin is so excited to be Ammon's friend. They are going to be buds for life! It sounds like you guys had a great couple months (with some hard work in there too, no doubt). We are so happy for you!
Yay, what a good update! I love all the pictures, I looked at every single one. Collin is so excited to be Ammon's friend. They are going to be buds for life! It sounds like you guys had a great couple months (with some hard work in there too, no doubt). We are so happy for you!
Super cute- and by that, I mean everything- darling Ammon, adorable Amish furniture, and great blog! Very nice!
Post a Comment