Saturday, June 30, 2007

HAWAII!!

We had quite the adventure when we went to Hawaii a couple of weeks ago. As you can see Matthew was in the ER for a night. He had a accident wake-boarding on the 3rd day that we were there and wrecked his back. He wasn't able to move or do anything for about 3 weeks after but the worse was when he was in Hawaii. After Matt hurt his back he was on a lot of pain killers which hardly helped at all with the pain. The only fun thing he was able to do was go down to the pool and lay on a floaty with someone holding onto him. Poor guy I don't think he even remembers the majority of the trip. Other than that I had a wonderful time:) We were on the Island Kawaii with Matt's whole family. It was so fun to get to know them more. We were able to do some shopping, go to the beach, lay out (which I truly needed to do) and play games. I feel so bless to have such wonderful in-laws that our so loving and kind. I absolutely love his family. Matthew is now doing much better after about 2 weeks he was able to walk around, get up by himself and enjoy the rest of his summer break. I am just so thankful that it wasn't anything permanent. The Lord was really looking out for us.


4 comments:

Kami Satterlee said...

Tana you finally posted a new blog! sorry to hear about Matts back thats the worst. I hope my little prego friend is doing great love you and miss you

Katie said...

I have been waiting to hear about Hawaii! I'm so sorry that happened to Matt! Sounds terrible. I am glad he is doing better. I guess you'll just have to go back to Hawaii again. :)

Andrea said...

How fun to go to hawaii! I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to Matt though. That's awful! I hope that he was able to have some fun in spite of the pain. Looks like you were able to get some sun! That's so good. I still look like a ghost. :)

Rural Dee said...

Nice job, Matt! At least you were able to lay in the pool. It's good to have some news from you guys. We hope the prego one is feeling well and that Matt is doing all the housework for the two of you!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker