Saturday, February 19, 2011

No more ear infections!!

After WAY to many ear infections for McKay we finally decided to have him get tubes in his ears. I think it was one of the best decisions that we have made. I'll be honest it was a little scary to have your baby go under anesthesia, but I knew it was a short and very safe procedure. The morning of the surgery was such a LONG morning. Because he was going under anesthesia he couldn't eat or drink anything for 8 hours before the surgery. His surgery wasn't till 11:00am so to have a baby not be able to eat or drink till after that time was so hard to watch. He was starving! Poor little guy. We arrived at the hospital, just McKay and I. We got him dressed and Matt came right before he had to go into surgery. Everything went smoothly, but he still came out agitated, screaming and crying. Eventually he felt much better.


2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I'm so glad everything turned out alright with the tubes! We hope you guys are doing well!!

Megan said...

tana! i've been blog surfing and came across your blog your family is so adorable! are you guys going to med school? if so, where are you at? :) your blog is great!

megan (wolsey)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker